Home and business owners alike are enjoying substantial energy savings by choosing spray foam insulation in Milton.
Why is spray foam insulation in Milton such a money-saver?
Well, when you consider the multitude of places heat can escape in a home, whether it be through small crevices or larger gaps and breaches, once professionally sealed with spray foam insulation and is made airtight, energy is no longer lost and becomes much more predictable and controllable. Home comfort levels are up and energy bills are down. Win-win!
Here are just a few general examples of potential trouble spots:
- The walls. Walls are the #1 culprits. It’s estimated that a home loses approximately 35% of its heating through its exterior walls.
- The roof is a close second. Since hot air rises, homes naturally vent through the roof. Actual heat loss is attributable to cracks, holes, and poor or insufficient insulation in the roof’s cavities.
- General drafts. Mainly noticeable in the colder months, drafts can come from walls, floors, ceilings, or windows.
Details about spray foam insulation in Milton.
Listed are a few key features:
- Spray foam insulation in Milton product ingredients are made up of spray polyurethane foam (SPF). It’s the more efficient alternative to the classic fibreglass insulation (mainly recognizable as pink sheet insulation.)
- When installed professionally, it creates a thermal airtight sealant barrier that keeps both the hot or cool air in and moisture out.
- Because it begins in liquid form and then expands, it’s easy to apply to hard-to-reach locations and fills in to create a second-to-none custom fit.
- Unlike fibreglass insulation, spray polyurethane foam is an inorganic compound (an inert polymer) and so it’s safe from water and will not feed mould or mildew.
- Also, it does not degrade or lose its R-value (heat resistant value) over time.
- As an added feature, spray foam insulation can add structural strength to where it is applied.
- As a bonus feature, when the airtight seal is achieved, it acts as a sound barrier that leaves unwanted outside noise where it belongs –- outside.
There are two different kinds of spray foam insulation and they have two different consistencies: open cell and closed cell. The first one, open cell, is what it sounds like – it’s open and therefore encases air inside. It’s predominantly used in residential applications in attics and exterior walls.
Even though it is lightweight, it is excellent for soundproofing. Closed-cell foam insulation is much denser and is often used for below grade applications, such as basements, crawl spaces, and other areas where a moisture barrier is necessary. It’s denser and has a heavier consistency.
Cost-wise, closed-cell is approximately double in price. Depending on the home’s needs and the homeowner’s budget, both kinds of spray foam insulation work nicely in tandem.
When is it time to consult an insulation specialist?
An issue with a home’s temperature levels can range from very subtle to quite noticeable. Most people take a more serious look when their energy bills inexplicably rise or even suddenly surge. More often than not, the energy costs rise gradually and, sadly, homeowners tend to get used to the home’s discomfort.
They’re often unaware that consulting a qualified insulation specialist is the first step towards reducing their energy costs. In the long-term, replacing, upgrading, even topping up a home’s insulation pays for the initial upfront costs, and then some.
Here are a few more hints of a problem with your insulation:
- A general feeling of dampness in the home.
- Longer and longer times to either heat or cool an area of the home.
- Consistent drafts in specific areas.
- “Ice dams” on the roof after a snowfall is a sure sign heat is escaping.
- On particularly colder days, water flow is sluggish and the pipes sound like they’re straining. Note: this is something to take very seriously, as blocked and broken plumbing is a costly repair that no one wants.
Is spray foam insulation in Milton a good choice for a 10-year-old home?
Yes, it is!
The town of Milton is in Southern Ontario. It’s part of the Halton Region, which is in the Greater Toronto area. Due to its close proximity to Toronto, Milton experienced a rapid increase in population and residential and commercial development between the years of 2001 to 2011
. At this time, Milton was classified as the fastest growing Municipality in all of Canada. Since it is a reasonable commuting distance to Toronto, those seeking a more affordable home, chose Milton.
Often with rapid new builds (then and today), to keep the costs at their lowest, builders build to code and do the bare minimum requirements with the levels of insulation added. So, a 10-year-old home would definitely benefit greatly in both cost and home comfort with an insulation upgrade.
Is spray foam insulation environmentally friendly?
If you’re concerned about your home’s environmental impact, spray foam insulation in Milton is definitely an eco-friendly solution. To create the product itself, it uses fewer materials. Once installed, it’s very durable and so it has a very long-life.
Since it’s moisture resistant (water is a structure’s #1 enemy), installing spray foam insulation helps keep a home’s degradation at bay. And, most importantly, it substantially reduces a home’s ongoing energy costs – something everyone benefits from.
The importance of hiring professionals.
A very important aspect when choosing spray foam insulation in Milton is proper insulation installation. Skilled timing and important safety steps are crucial when working with a spray foam product. At AM Insulation Solutions, all of our technicians are trained, certified, and up-to-date on all safety standards.
We use modern equipment, such as a thermal scanner that accurately pinpoints energy leakages. We’re also very experienced and familiar with the insulation needs of all styles of homes, both new and older. We’re a proud family-owned third generation company and have been in business since 1956.
Our commitment is to offer exceptional customer service. We go above and beyond. This is reflected in our one-of-a-kind transferable 10-year workmanship warranty.
AM Insulation Solutions is available to solve all of your insulation needs in Milton and surrounding areas. To begin the journey, call us for a free estimate. You can also find us on Facebook. Check out our “Reviews” section and read what happy customers have to say about their experience using us.