Homeowners are very happy that they chose spray foam insulation in Chatham-Kent.
Why choosing spray foam insulation in Chatham-Kent is your best option.
When it comes to both saving money on energy bills and general home comfort, spray foam insulation is hands down the best option for both homeowners and as businesses. Properly sealing and insulating a home will show an instant return on the initial investment. With all of the locations within a home where air can escape, such as smaller cracks, large gaps, or even through general wear and tear, when professionally sealed and treated with spray foam insulation, a home becomes airtight and air loss trouble spots are repaired and no longer a concern. The home runs more efficiently and is noticeably more comfortable.
A few examples of some of the trouble spots are:
- Exterior walls. They are the #1 location where unnecessary energy loss can be found. In fact, approximately 35% energy loss is often detected escaping through exterior walls.
- Roofs come in second place. As hot air rises, a home that is improperly insulated or poorly vented, will often experience severe energy loss that continues to degrade and fail.
- Flooring and drafts. Often it’s more noticeable when the weather cools down, drafts can be experienced in any area of the home. They’re often detected in familiar, consistent locations.
How does spray foam insulation in Chatham-Kent work?
Some more examples of the main features of spray foam insulation:
- Spray foam insulation is made up of two materials – polyol resin and isocyanate. During the mixing process, they transform from a liquid into a solid. It’s this very process that ensures proper sealing ability. It’s especially responsive in uneven and difficult to locate areas that are often hidden or unseen.
- Due to the chemical composition and the preparation and installation processes, it’s very important that spray foam installation be professionally installed by skilled and certified technicians. This ensures both safety during the installation process and the skilled application creates a high quality durable seal that will be in effect for decades.
- Because spray foam insulation is considered an inert polymer, (a non-organic compound), it is water resist and so it will also protect a home from moisture damage caused by water seepage. It will prevent any forms of condensation build-up.
- Spray foam insulation also does not wear down or degrade over time. So longevity is a real plus for being overall economical.
- It’s thermal resistant and comes in different R-values, or densities, to be used in specific areas of the home. Using different densities for specific applications can also be very budget-friendly.
How do I know when my home needs more insulation?
A good sign would be inconsistent temperature readings in different rooms and areas of the home. For example, your upper level is much, much warmer than your main floor or basement area. You may have a “cold room” that’s not meant to be a cold room.
Here are some more examples of insulation issues:
- A general dampness in the home. Water and moisture is either entering the home or is not vented out properly. Moisture issues really makes the home very uncomfortable.
- Difficulty heating or cooling specific rooms or areas. If you find yourself putting on the heating or air conditioning quickly, knowing it’s going to take a while to heat up or cool down your home. An efficient system reacts and is noticeable immediately.
- Unexplained drafts that are in consistent locations. Sometimes trouble are obvious, but more often thank not they’re not easily detectable.
- During the colder weather, after snow or ice falls, ice dams are forming on the rooftop.
- Plumbing issues such as slow to receive hot water and/or noisy pipes. This is an important sign to immediately seek assistance and arrange an inspection of the property’s installation.
Is spray foam insulation in Chatham-Kent a good choice for seniors on a fixed income?
As with other Southern Ontario cities, Chatham-Kent also experiences similar weather conditions – cold and snowy winters with hot, humid summers. Chatham-Kent is also home to Union Gas and as nearby wind farms located on the shores of Lake Erie. With all that focus on “energy” sources, perhaps energy efficiency is something Chatham-Kent knows a lot about. For seniors seeking to upgrade or improve their energy costs and home comfort, there are a number of resources available to explore. One example would be the Ontario Renovates For Seniors program. It’s both provincially and federally funded and offers forgivable loans to low-income seniors. While the program is not specifically for energy-efficiency but can be combined with necessary home repairs that are needed to bring the home up to healthy standards. Ontario.ca is another great resource. Tax incentives are often available, such as the Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit.
More reasons to hire reputable professionals.
Another great resource for either tax incentives or help for homeowners would be in consultation with a professional insulation company. At AM Insulation Solutions, we’re always on top of all energy efficient incentive resources available for seniors and for all homeowners alike. Our technicians are trained, certified and continue to be up-to-date on what’s available to today’s homeowner. We also use modern equipment, like a thermal scanner that accurately reflects energy loss problems. We can detect whether a home’s heating is substandard and needs to be brought up to safe and healthy levels. As a proud family-owned third generation company, we’ve been in business since 1956. Our commitment is second-to-none and we offer exceptional customer service, always going above and beyond. This can be seen with our popular 10-year workmanship warranty.
AM Insulation Solutions are available to help with your insulation needs in Chatham-Kent and surrounding areas. To learn more about how we can help, contact us and we’ll set up an appointment for a free evaluation and estimate. We’re on Facebook. You can find client testimonials in the “Reviews” section and discover what our satisfied customers are saying about our high quality services.