Attic insulation contributes a great deal to the energy saving capabilities of your home. Through every season, proper attic insulation can reduce the strain on your HVAC system, making it perform more efficiently, thus reducing the energy used and making your energy bills more affordable. If you have been thinking about having your attic insulation replaced, but were concerned over the cost of the installation, you can now take advantage of valuable insulation rebates. In an effort to help homeowners reduce their carbon footprint, and protect the planet from climate change, the government of Ontario has introduced the Green ON fund. Green ON is a rebate program offered to Ontario homeowners, who are making the necessary changes to improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
For attic insulation you can receive up to $1500 in valuable rebates. Receiving a complete attic insulation replacement can cut drafts, reduce your energy bills, and help to maintain your home overall comfort levels. There has never been a better time to upgrade your attic insulation.
R-value is an important deciding factor when considering attic insulation. It is used as a from of measurement, to determine how well a material can resist heat transfer. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating qualities of the material.
There are certain eligibility requirements that must be followed to receive attic insulation rebates from the Green ON fund. They are as follows:
- You must hire a Participating Contractor for your insulation purchase and installation. You can find a list of local participating contractors on the Green ON website.
- For attic insulation, the R-value of your insulation replacement must be a minimum of R50.
Once you have chosen your contractor from the list of Participating Contractors, there are a number of questions that you may want to ask, prior to the beginning of the installation.
- Which types of insulation will meet the installation requirement, to receive the rebate?
- What kind of energy savings can you expect?
- How are service issues handled post installation?
- How long will it take for the insulation replacement to pay for itself
Asking these questions will help you to understand exactly what you are receiving.
Here is the Timeline of Events That You Can Expect:
- Find a local Participating Contractor. If you have a preferred contractor but do not see them on the list, new contractors are being added every day. You can also contact your local contractor about their participation. Whichever contractor you choose must provide the material and installation.
- Once your attic insulation replacement has been completed, your chosen contractor will hand-in your rebate forms to Green On for you.
- You will then be asked to validate the service and provide a proof of purchase.
- Once all of the steps have been completed, you should have your rebate cheque in hand within a few weeks.
Don’t put your attic insulation replacement off any longer. Take advantage of the Green ON fund and make your home as energy efficient as possible. Contact AM Insulation Solutions to discuss your options.