As our society grows increasingly energy conscious, many homeowners are on the hunt for ways to improve their homes energy efficiency, while saving money on their heating and cooling bills. Correctly installed attic insulation in West Lorne, is the most cost-effective way to improve your home’s ability to conserve energy.
Sufficient amounts of blown in insulation in West Lorne, can also improve the quality of comfort you experience within your home, and is integral in maintaining the health of your roofing system. At AM Insulation Solutions, a division of the AM Group of Companies, we are committed to providing our customers with viable, and up to date solutions, for their energy loss issues.
We offer complimentary attic inspections, and employ the use of thermal imaging technology. This thermal technology helps to ensure that every area of heat loss pertaining to your attic space, is effectively, and efficiently remedied.
At AM Insulation Solutions, we are proud to be an Owens Corning Certified Energy Expert. Our fully insured attic insulation specialists are highly trained in the application of blown in insulation in West Lorne, and are certified beyond industry standards. If you suspect that heat, or cool air loss may be an issue in your home, contact the experts in attic insulation in West Lorne, AM Insulation Solutions today.
R-value is the unit of measurement used to determine the resistance to heat transfer of attic insulation in West Lorne. The greater the R-value of the material, the better its thermal resistance. The R-value recommended for your attic space will largely depend on the climate in which you live.
The province of Ontario recommends that all homes contain a minimum of 22.5 inches of attic insulation, or R60. By maintaining this depth of attic insulation in West Lorne, your home will achieve optimal energy conservation. R-value can be effectively increased by using multiple layers of your insulating material of choice.
Heat, and cool air loss are two sides of the same coin, and both can be exacerbated by a lack of sufficient attic insulation in West Lorne. The majority of your household energy use takes place in the summer, and winter months, and if your attic space is not properly maintained, it may be costing you a significant amount of money on your energy bills. In the summertime, the heat generated from the sun can cause the temperature within your attic space to rise substantially.
If your attic space has not been properly insulated or air sealed, this extremely hot air can be forced down into your living space, causing your air conditioning unit to work overtime trying to keep your home cool and comfortable. Insufficient attic insulation in the summer months can also cause uncomfortable temperature fluctuations throughout your home, preventing some rooms from cooling down the way that they should, and affecting the level of comfortability in your home.
Improperly installed, or insufficient attic insulation in West Lorne can have a drastic effect on your energy bills in the wintertime as well. The fact that heat rises is a well- known concept, so it makes sense that without an efficient barrier to contain the heat within your living space, you will end up losing a significant portion of that energy through your roof. Start saving money right away, have your attic space inspected by a certified energy expert, like AM Insulation Solutions.
Attic insulation and Your Roofing System
The impact that an under insulated attic space can have on your roofing system is incredibly negative, and can end up being quite costly. Your attic space should have the ability to remain the same temperature as the air outside, and to do this, it needs to have the proper depth of attic insulation. During the wintertime, if air leaks are not properly sealed, and attic insulation is not at sufficient depth, the energy used to heat your home can rise into your attic space, raising its temperature substantially.
If this happens, the heat from your attic space can then melt the snow on your roof top, causing it to run down to the edge of your roof, and into your eavestrough before freezing. This ice build-up is referred to as ice damming. Ice dams can cause serious damage to your roofing material, as well as your eavestrough.
Ice damming may also prevent any future snow melts from draining properly, leading to leaks within your attic space. These issues can create the need for costly roof and attic repairs, and if these leaks continue without timely rectification, it could potentially lead to the damage of your ceiling and walls, as well.
In the summertime, hot and humid weather can lead to the development of black mold in your attic space, if this mold starts to affect your roof boards the integrity of your entire roofing system can be compromised. Prevent these problems before they have a chance to fester, ensure that your attic space is properly air sealed, and contains the recommended amount of attic insulation in West Lorne.
Owens Corning Pro Pink Attic Insulation
Owens Corning Pro Pink is a premium blown in insulation in West Lorne. This product is eco-friendly, as it contains up to 70% recycled materials. This high-quality attic insulation in West Lorne, holds a moderate R-value, and is relatively inexpensive. Owens Corning Pro Pink blown in Insulation in West Lorne, has been thoroughly tested to ensure that it contains no harmful indoor air pollutants.
Its fibreglass composition ensures excellent moisture resistance, allowing it to dry quickly, and significantly reducing the chance of mold development. When this product is installed correctly, it could save you up to 28% on your energy bills. This high-quality product is non-combustible, making it safe for use in a variety of spaces. Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation is the number one choice of home builders in Ontario.
Fibreglass Vs Cellulose Vs Spray Foam
- Fibreglass is one of the least expensive types of attic insulation in West Lorne, and it holds a moderate R-value. Fibreglass is resistant to moisture damage, as it can dry quickly should a leak occur. This type of blown in insulation in West Lorne, is incredibly durable, has a long lifespan, and can continue to insulate your attic space for many years without losing any R-value. Fibreglass is one of the most popular insulation choices for contractors, and home builders.
- Cellulose is a very eco friendly type of blown in attic insulation in West Lorne. This attic insulation is made from recycled paper and cloth and is not known to contain any harmful indoor air pollutants. Though slightly more expensive than fibreglass, cellulose attic insulation in West Lorne does hold a greater R-value.
- The main issue with this type of blown-in insulation in West Lorne, is its tendency to clump when wet, and its inability to stand up well over time. These problems can cause a significant reduction in R-value, compromising its integrity and usefulness. Mold growth can become an issue with this type of attic insulation in West Lorne.
- Spray Foam is a type of blown in insulation in West Lorne. Spray foam holds the highest R-value of any attic insulation listed here, though it is also quite a bit more expensive than the previous options. This product has excellent expansion capabilities, and as such can seal air leaks efficiently, and with only minimal effort.
- Spray foam has been known to cause irritations, and allergic reactions in some people, so be sure to research each type of blown in insulation in West Lorne, prior to making a final decision.
For a free thermal attic inspection and quote, call the attic insulation experts, at AM Insulation Solutions right away!