Of any home improvement that you can make, replacing or topping up our attic insulation in Shedden is one of the most practical and cost-effective ways to reduce your household energy bills. Properly installed, and high quality blown in insulation in Shedden can save you up to 28% on your heating and cooling costs.
At AM Insulation Solutions, we are committed to providing our customers with viable solutions to improve household energy conservation. As a division of the AM Group of Companies, we are held to the highest standards of customer service, customer satisfaction, and quality workmanship. We provide complimentary attic inspections, and employ the use of thermal imaging technology.
This thermal technology is used to ensure that every area of heat loss, pertaining to your attic space, is discovered quickly, and rectified efficiently. We are proud to be an Owens Corning Certified Energy Expert.
Our attic insulation specialists are highly certified, and thoroughly trained in house, in the application of blown in insulation in Shedden. Stop spending more than necessary on your heating and cooling costs, contact the experts in attic insulation in Shedden, AM Insulation Solutions.
R-value is the unit used to measure the ability of an insulating material to resist heat flow. The greater the R-value of the material, the better its thermal resistance. The recommended R-value for your area will be largely dependent on the climate in which you live.
In the province of Ontario, the current recommended standard for attic insulation in Shedden, is R60, or 22.5inches. By maintaining this depth of blown in insulation in Shedden, you will ensure optimal energy conservation within your home is reached.
During the summertime, when temperatures can soar well above comfortable levels, the heat from the sun can penetrate your shingles and cause the air within your attic space to rise dramatically. Without sufficient attic insulation in Shedden, this heated air can force its way into your living space, causing your A/C to work twice as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature.
This can put quite a strain on your A/C unit, and can end up costing you an exorbitant amount on your energy bills. Uncomfortable temperature fluctuations throughout your home are also likely, with some rooms remaining very warm and uncomfortable compared to others. To prevent these issues, your attic insulation should remain at the recommended R-value, and any air leaks between your attic and living space should be properly sealed.
Through the winter months, heat loss can become a prevalent issue in homes with under-insulated attic spaces. This can have a profound effect on your heating costs, as your furnace must work much harder to maintain a comfortable temperature. Stop throwing your money away, and start saving on your heating and cooling costs today, contact a reputable installer of blown in attic insulation in Shedden, like AM Insulation Solutions.
Attic Insulation and Your Roofing System
Your roofing system is one of the most integral parts of your home. It acts as your best defence against turbulent weather, keeping you and your family warm, dry, and safe from harm. Your roofing system is also one of the most expensive systems to repair or replace, so you’ll want to keep it as healthy as possible. On top of maintaining the rooftop itself, ensuring that your attic space is properly insulated will go a long way in preserving the lifespan of your roofing system.
Insufficient attic insulation and attic ventilation combined with unsealed air leaks, can have an incredibly negative effect on your roofing system. Your attic space should have the ability to remain the same temperature as that of the air outside. During the winter months in Ontario, most of our homes spend the season snow covered, and the use of our furnaces is, of course, a necessity as well.
However, as heat rises, small air leaks between your living space and attic can cause the temperature within your attic space to rise rapidly. When this occurs the snow that sits on your roofing system can partially melt, and run down your roof before freezing along the edges, and within your eavestrough. This issue is known as ice damming.
When ice dams occur, not only can they cause significant damage to your eavestrough and roofing material, they can also prevent any future melts from draining properly, possibly leading to damaging leaks within your attic space. This water may also find its way beneath your shingles before freezing, causing them to lift, and speeding up deterioration of the roof boards below.
Don’t take the risk, ensure that your attic space is properly insulated, ventilated, and air sealed prior to the start of any extreme weather season. If you’ve noticed that your roof has bare patches in the winter, where your neighbours do not, or have an abundance of icicle build-up, contact a reputable attic insulation contractor like AM Insulation Solutions today.
Owens Corning Pro Pink Attic Insulation
Owens Corning Pro Pink blown in insulation in Shedden, is highly durable, and very eco friendly. Made from over 70% recycled materials, this product has been thoroughly tested to ensure that it contains no indoor air pollutants. Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation in Shedden holds a moderate R-value, and can last for many years without any reduction in this value.
This fibreglass attic insulation in Shedden is the number one choice for attic insulation of reputable home builders in Ontario. This product is non-combustible, making it safe for use in a variety of spaces. By using Owens Corning Pro Pink blown in insulation in Shedden for your attic space, you could save up to 28% on your heating and cooling bills.
Fibreglass Vs Cellulose Vs Spray Foam
- Fibreglass attic insulation in Shedden, is highly durable, and is the least expensive insulating material on this list. Fibreglass attic insulation holds a moderate R-value, and can maintain this value for many years. This material can dry quickly when wet, therefore reducing the likelihood of mold development in your attic space.
- Fibreglass attic insulation in Shedden is available in blown in form, or batt varieties. This type of blown in insulation in Shedden is the number one choice for home builders, and attic insulation contractors in Ontario.
- Cellulose is a type of blown-in insulation in Shedden. This product is very eco friendly, as it is composed of recycled paper, and cloth. Cellulose attic insulation is slightly more expensive than the fibreglass option, though it does hold a greater R-value.
- The main issue with this type of blown in insulation in Shedden, is its tendency to sag over time, which has a drastic effect on its R-value. Cellulose is also not water resistant, and has been known to clump when wet. As it does not dry quickly, the possibility of mold growth is increased, with this product.
- Spray foam is yet another type of blown in insulation in Shedden. Though it does hold the greatest R-value of any insulation material on this list, it is also significantly more expensive. Spray foam has incredible expansion capabilities, and is able to seal most air leaks with relative ease.
- Spray foam attic insulation in Shedden, has been known to cause irritations and allergic reactions in some people, so proper research should be done prior to making a final attic insulation decision. Spray foam should never be applied to dampened roof boards, as it can cause accelerated deterioration.
For a complimentary attic inspection and quote, contact the attic insulation experts at AM Insulation Solutions.