Attic insulation in Port Carling is integral in reducing your heating and cooling costs, protecting your roofing system, and making your home a more comfortable place to live. By maintaining the recommended R-value for blown in insulation in Port Carling, you could save up to 28% on your monthly energy bills.
At AM Insulation Solutions, we are committed to providing the best possible attic insulation solutions for your unique home. As a division of the AM Group of Companies, we hold ourselves to the highest standards for customer service, satisfaction and quality workmanship. We offer complimentary attic inspections, and we employ the use of thermal imaging technology.
This thermal technology is used to ensure that every area of heat loss pertaining to your attic space, is found quickly, and remedied efficiently. At AM Insulation Solutions, we are proud to be Owens Corning Certified Energy Experts.
Our attic insulation specialists are highly certified, fully insured, and thoroughly trained in the application of blown in insulation in Port Carling. Stop paying to heat the outdoors, contact the experts in attic insulation in Port Carling, AM Insulation Solutions.
R-value is the scale used to measure the ability of an insulating material to resist heat transfer. The greater the R-value of the material, the better its thermal resistance. R-value can also be increased by topping up your existing attic insulation in Port Carling, if it’s still in good shape. The recommended level of attic insulation in your area will be largely dependent on the climate in which you reside.
In the province of Ontario, the current recommended standard for attic insulation in Port Carling, is R60, or 22.5inches. Maintaining this level of blown in insulation in Port Carling, will ensure optimal energy efficiency within your home.
Though attic insulation in Port Carling is often discussed more in relation to heat loss, it is also important for reducing cool air loss within your home during the summertime. During the warmer months, the heat from the sun can penetrate your roofing material, and cause the temperature within your attic space to increase dramatically.
Without sufficient attic insulation in Port Carling, or properly sealed air leaks, this hot air can force its way down into your living space causing your A/C to work twice as hard to maintain your desired temperature. This issue can lead to significantly higher energy bills, as well as uncomfortable temperature fluctuations throughout your home.
The only efficient way to remedy this issue, and save on your energy costs, is to be sure that your attic space has sufficient levels of blown in insulation in Port Carling. Through the winter months, heat loss can also become a prevalent issue, without the recommended amount of attic insulation in your attic space.
Don’t allow these issues to continue without rectification, contact a reputable installer of blown in attic insulation in Port Carling, like AM Insulation Solutions.
Attic Insulation and Your Roofing System
Your roofing system is one of the most important parts of your home. It is in place to protect you, your family, and your belongings from inclement weather. It is also quite costly to repair, so you’ll want to keep it as healthy as possible.
This means not only maintaining your rooftop, but also includes maintaining your attic insulation in Port Carling, and ensuring your attic space is properly ventilated and air sealed.
During the winter months, when many of our roofs are snow covered, and our furnaces are working to keep our homes comfortable, small air leaks between your living and attic spaces can cause the temperature within your attic to increase significantly.
When this occurs, that snow piled high on your roof can begin to melt, running down your rooftop before freezing again within your eavestrough and along the edges of your roofing system.
This ice build-up is referred to as ice damming. When ice dams occur, they can prevent future melts from draining properly, which may lead to leaks developing within your attic space. Ice dams can also cause significant damage to your eavestrough, and roofing material.
Don’t risk the health of your roofing system, ensure that your attic space is properly insulated, and ventilated and take care to seal all air leaks prior to any extreme weather season.
Owens Corning Pro Pink Attic Insulation
Owens Corning Pro Pink blown in insulation in Port Carling, is highly durable, eco friendly and holds a moderate R-value. Made from over 70% recycled materials, this product has been thoroughly tested to ensure that it contains no harmful indoor air pollutants. This fibreglass attic insulation in Port Carling is the number one insulating material used by home builders, and attic insulation contractors.
Owens Corning Pro Pink blown in insulation in Port Carling is resistant to moisture damage, which significantly reduces the likelihood of mold development. This product is also non-combustible, making it safe for use in almost any space. AM Insulation Solutions is proud to offer such a premium attic insulation in Port Carling.
Fibreglass Vs Cellulose Vs Spray Foam
- Fiberglass attic insulation in Port Carling, is a highly durable material. It holds a moderate R-value and is the least inexpensive type of blown in insulation in Port Carling. Due to its composition, this material can dry quickly when wet, reducing the likelihood of mold development.
- Fiberglass attic insulation in Port Carling can be either blown in, or installed using fiberglass batts or ‘blanket insulation’. This type of blown in insulation in Port Carling is the number one choice of attic insulation specialists.
- Cellulose is a blown in insulation in Port Carling. This product is incredibly eco friendly, as it is composed of recycled paper, and cloth. Cellulose attic insulation is slightly more expensive than fiberglass, though it does hold a greater R-value as well.
- The main issue with this type of blown in insulation in Port Carling, is its tendency to sag over time, leading to a significant reduction in R-value. Cellulose is also known to clump when wet, and as it does not dry quickly, the likelihood of mold growth is increased.
- Spray foam insulation is another type of blown in insulation in Port Carling. It is the most expensive of any of the attic insulation options on this list, but it also holds a significantly greater R-value. Spray foam has excellent expansion capabilities, and can seal most air leaks quickly and efficiently. Spray foam attic insulation in Port Carling, is not an eco friendly product and has been known to cause irritations, and allergic reactions in certain people.
- This blown in insulation in Port Carling should only be applied by certified professionals, and it should never be applied to dampened roof boards, as it can cause accelerated deterioration. Always be sure to do thorough research on all attic insulation products, prior to purchasing.
For a complimentary attic inspection and quote, contact the attic insulation experts at AM Insulation Solutions.