The most cost-effective way to reduce your energy bills, and make your home more energy efficient, is to install a sufficient amount of attic insulation in Markdale. Upwards of 30% of all heat, and cool air loss that your home is currently experiencing, is directly related to a lack of attic insulation in Markdale.
At AM Insulation Solutions, a division of the AM Group of Companies, we are committed to providing our customers with premium blown in attic insulation in Markdale for over 60 years. AM Insulation Solutions, offers complimentary attic inspections using thermal imaging technology.
This thermal technology helps to ensure that every area of heat loss, within the attic space is effectively, and efficiently remedied. We are proud to be Owens Corning Certified Energy Experts.
Our attic insulation specialists are highly trained in the application of blown in insulation in Markdale, are fully insured, and are certified beyond industry standards. If heat, or cool air loss is a prominent issue in your home, contact the experts in attic insulation in Markdale, AM Insulation Solutions.
Attic insulation in Markdale is measured using the R scale. R-value is the unit of measurement used to determine the capability of an insulating material to resist heat flow. The greater the R-value of the material, the better its thermal resistance.
The recommended depth for attic insulation in your area will be largely dependent on the climate in which you live. The province of Ontario recommends that all homes contain a minimum of 22.5 inches of attic insulation, or R60, to achieve optimal energy conservation.
Most homeowners are slowly becoming familiar with the correlation between attic insulation and heat loss in the wintertime, though many still do not understand that attic insulation is just as important for energy conservation in the summer months.
In the summertime, the temperature within your attic space can rise dramatically, and without the right amount of attic insulation in Markdale, that heat can be forced into your living space. This issue can cause your air conditioning unit to work overtime in a futile attempt to maintain a comfortable temperature, and can also cost you a ton of money on your energy bills.
Insufficient attic insulation, as well as unsealed air leaks, can also lead to uncomfortable temperature fluctuations in certain areas of your home, affecting your everyday life. Ensuring that all air leaks between your attic and living space are sealed, and your attic space contains a proper amount of ventilation, will also go a long way in saving you money on your heating and cooling costs.
Insufficient attic insulation in Markdale, will also have a drastic effect on your energy bills in the wintertime. Heat rises, so without an efficient barrier to contain that heat within your living space, you’ll end up spending far more than necessary on your monthly energy bills. Don’t wait until there is an issue, have your attic space inspected by a certified energy expert, prior to any extreme weather season.
Attic insulation and Your Roofing System
Many homeowners fail to take into consideration the supremely negative effects that an under insulated, and under ventilated attic space can have on the health of your roofing system. Your attic space should have the ability to remain the same temperature as that of the air outside. During the winter months, the energy used to heat your home can rise into your attic space causing the temperature within to rise substantially.
Blown in attic insulation in Markdale, if installed properly, as well as sealing any air leaks, will help to prevent this rise in temperature. Without sufficient attic insulation in Markdale, the heat from your attic space can melt the snow on your roof top, causing it to run beneath your shingles, to the edge of your roof, and into your eavestrough before once again freezing.
This can cause unsafe, and damaging ice damming, dangerous icicle buildup, and can even lift your shingles causing leaks and rapid deterioration of the roof boards below. Ice damming can also prevent any future melts from draining properly, and can lead to leaks in your attic space. These issues can create the need for expensive repairs, and should this water find its way into your attic space, it could potentially damage your ceiling and walls, as well.
When the seasons change and the weather becomes much warmer, your attic space will continue to heat up along with it. The combination of UV rays, and extreme heat from your attic space can significantly decrease the lifespan of your roofing system, leading to a rather expensive early roof replacement. Ensure that your attic space is properly ventilated, sealed and contains a sufficient amount of attic insulation in Markdale.
Owens Corning Pro Pink Attic Insulation
Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation is eco friendly, contains up to 70% recycled materials, and holds a moderate R-value. This high quality blown in Insulation in Markdale, contains no harmful indoor air pollutants. Its fibreglass composition ensures excellent moisture resistance, significantly reducing the chance of mold development.
With the proper installation of Owens Corning Pro Pink blown in attic insulation in Markdale, you could save up to 28% on your energy bills. This high-quality product is non-combustible, and is therefore safe for use in most spaces. Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation is the number one choice for home builders, and insulation contractors in Ontario.
Fibreglass Vs Cellulose Vs Spray Foam
- Fiberglass insulation is one of the least expensive types of attic insulation in Markdale. It holds a moderate R-value, and is highly durable. Fiberglass is very resistant to moisture damage, as it dries quickly when wet. Because of this, the chance of mold growth is significantly lessened with this product.
- This type of blown in insulation in Markdale, has a long lifespan, and can continue to insulate your attic space for many years without any reduction in R-value. Fiberglass is one of the most popular choices for insulation contractors, and home builders.
- Cellulose is an eco friendly type of blown in attic insulation in Markdale. This attic insulation is made from recycled paper and cloth. Cellulose attic insulation has a greater R-value than that of fiberglass, though it is moderately more expensive.
- This product does not contain any indoor air pollutants. The main issue with this type of blown in insulation in Markdale, is its tendency to sag over time, reducing its R-value in the process. It is also not incredibly resistant to moisture damage, so mold growth can become an issue.
- Spray Foam insulation in Markdale, holds the highest R-value of any attic insulation listed here, it is also quite a bit more expensive than the previous options. This product has excellent expansion capabilities, and can seal air leaks quickly and efficiently, with only minimal effort. Spray foam is not environmentally friendly, and does contain toxic materials.
- It has been known to cause irritations, and allergic reactions in some people so take the time to research each type of blown-in insulation in Markdale, prior to making a final decision.
For a complimentary, thermal attic inspection and quote, call the attic insulation experts, at AM Insulation Solutions.