Proper attic maintenance is as important, if not more so, than any other household maintenance. Insufficient attic insulation accounts for over 30% of your household energy loss. At AM Insulation Solutions, we are committed to providing our customers with the most cost-effective attic insulation solutions available.
As an Owens Corning Certified Energy Expert, we offer complimentary attic inspections, and employ the use of thermal imaging technology to ensure that every point of energy loss in relation to your attic space, is effectively rectified. As part of the established AM Group of Companies, we hold ourselves to a higher standard than most, with quality workmanship and excellent customer service.
Our attic insulation specialists are highly trained, fully insured, and sufficiently certified. Prevent unnecessarily high energy bills, all while improving your home comfort, contact the attic insulation experts at AM Insulation Solutions today!
R-value is used to measure the resistance to heat transfer of different types of attic insulation in Holland Landing. The greater the R-value of the material, the better its resistance to heat flow. The R-value of attic insulation in Holland Landing can be increased by topping up your existing insulating material, or by replacing it completely if necessary.
The recommended standard for attic insulation in the province of Ontario is currently R60. This translates to 22.5 inches worth of blown in insulation in Holland Landing.
By maintaining the recommended R-value for blown in insulation in Holland Landing, you can save hundreds on your household heating and cooling costs. Attic insulation, proper ventilation and air sealing help to reduce the amount of energy lost, especially during the summer, and winter months.
During the summer, the hot and humid air from outside can penetrate your roofing material, causing the temperature within your attic space to increase substantially. Without a sufficient barrier of attic insulation and air sealing, this heated air can seep into your living space, causing your HVAC system to run continuously as it attempts to maintain a consistent indoor temperature.
This issue can cost you an exorbitant amount on your energy bills, and leave your home experiencing uncomfortable temperature changes throughout. The reverse occurs in the colder months, as the warm air generated within your home can rise into your attic space.
Not only does this cause an increase in your heating costs, it can also negatively affect your roofing system if left without rectification. If you have not received a complimentary attic inspection provided by a reputable attic insulation contractor, contact AM Insulation Solutions today.
Attic Insulation and Your Roofing System
Sufficient attic Insulation in Holland Landing is integral in maintaining the health of your roofing system. Your roof is one of the most important parts of your entire home, keeping you and your family safe from the worst that our tumultuous seasons can throw at us. It should be of the utmost importance, to ensure that it can function as expected, without interruption.
During the long cold months of winter, the vast majority of our homes remain snow covered. Issues begin when the heat generated within your home has a chance to seep into your attic space, causing its temperature to rise. This heat can cause the snow that has built-up on your rooftop to melt, and then refreeze along its edges, and within your eavestrough.
This is known as ice damming. Ice dams can prevent any future melts from draining properly, and this pooling water increases the likelihood of leaks to develop within your attic space. This water may also seep beneath your roofing material before freezing, causing significant damage to your shingles, and the boards below.
The damage that these issues can cause may be extensive, and costly. You can effectively prevent these issues by checking that your attic space is up to current standards for ventilation, air sealing, and attic insulation in Holland Landing.
Owens Corning Pro Pink Attic Insulation
Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation in Holland Landing is a premium and durable insulating material. This blown in insulation in Holland Landing is an eco-friendly fiberglass material, composed of mostly recycled materials. This high-quality insulating material has been expertly tested to ensure that it contains no harmful indoor air pollutants.
Due to its composition, Owens Corning Pro Pink can dry quickly if exposed to moisture, preventing the likelihood of mold development within your attic space.
Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation in Holland Landing, can hold up well for years without any reduction in R-value, or need for replacement. This blown in attic insulation in Holland Landing, is the number one choice for home, and attic insulation contractors in Ontario.
Fiberglass Vs Cellulose Vs Spray Foam
- Fiberglass attic insulation in Holland Landing is an extremely cost-effective, and highly durable insulating material. It holds a moderate R-value, and can last for many years without any reduction. Fiberglass can be installed as a blown in material, or can be installed in sheets known as fiberglass batts. Its resistance to moisture saturation significantly reduces the likelihood of mold development.
- Cellulose attic insulation is an eco friendly insulating material. This blown in attic insulation in Holland Landing, is made up of recycled paper and cloth. Moderately more expensive than fiberglass, Cellulose also holds a slightly greater initial R-value. One of the largest issues with this type of blown in insulation in Holland Landing is that it does tend to lose its form over time, significantly reducing its R-value.
- Cellulose attic insulation in Holland Landing is also known to clump up when exposed to moisture, which may increase the chance of unhealthy mold development within your attic space.
- This durable insulating material holds a high R-value, though it is also fairly expensive. This blown in insulation in Holland Landing has exceptional expansion capabilities which allows it to seal air leaks efficiently, and with very little effort. Spray foam insulation has been known to cause irritations, and allergic reactions in some people, and can be difficult to remove if a replacement is necessary.
- When applied to moist roof boards, it can cause rapid board deterioration. Research every insulating material thoroughly to ensure that you can make the best decision possible on which attic insulation in Holland Landing is right for your home.
For a free quote and thermal attic inspection, contact the attic insulation experts, at AM Insulation Solutions today!