At AM Insulation Solutions, a division of AM Group of Companies, we are dedicated to supplying our customers with the most energy efficient attic insulation solutions. As a part of the AM Group of Companies, we hold our employees to the highest standard of customer service.
We offer free attic inspections, and employ the use of thermal imaging technology to ensure that every area of heat loss within your home has been rectified. At AM Insulation Solutions, we are proud to be Owens Corning Certified Energy Experts.
If you are looking for a reliable installer of attic insulation in Drayton, AM Insulation Solutions is here for you. Our attic insulation consultants and installers are fully insured, and certified beyond industry standards. Don’t allow heat, and cool air loss to keep costing you your hard-earned money, contact AM Insulation Solutions today!
R-value is used to measure the ability of an insulating material to withstand heat flow. It is important to take R-value into account when considering a specific type of blown in insulation in Drayton. The R-value of attic insulation can be increased by using multiple layers of the same product.
Here in Ontario, an R-value of R60 is recommended, to ensure that your attic space is as energy efficient as possible. An R60 level translates to 22.5 inches of attic insulation in Drayton.
Attic insulation in Drayton, should be a consideration in both the winter months, as well as the summer. An insufficient amount of blown in attic insulation in Drayton, as well as proper attic ventilation, can result in higher than average heating and cooling costs.
It can also cause uncomfortable temperature variations throughout your home, reducing your overall level of comfort. The use of A/C, in the summer, and your furnace in the winter are entirely necessary to keep yourself and your family healthy and comfortable, but with energy costs here in Ontario significantly higher than many other provinces, doing so can be quite costly.
If you have noticed that your energy bills are higher than normal, or have experienced hot or cold areas in certain areas of your home, it may be time to consider having your attic insulation in Drayton replaced.
Attic Insulation and Your Roofing System
Attic Insulation is an integral part of your roofing system, and if your attic space contains a less than sufficient amount, it can have drastic and damaging effects on your roof, and eavestrough. In the winter, when many of our homes are snow covered, and our furnaces are blasting away our attic spaces can become incredibly hot without proper attic insulation, and ventilation.
This heat can cause the snow on your roofing system to melt quickly, and rapidly refreeze in your eavestroughs, and on the edges of our roofs. This water also has a tendency to seep beneath your shingles before freezing, causing significant damage to your shingles, and the roof boards below.
The full extent of the problem may not even be realised until spring rolls around, and you find yourself with an emergency leak situation. If this happens, expensive repairs may be needed. In the summertime, high temperatures, and UV rays are baking our roofing system from above, and a lack of blown in attic insulation in Drayton, will be baking them from below as well.
This will significantly reduce the lifespan of your entire roofing system, most likely leasing to an early roof replacement situation. Don’t risk unneeded headaches, and costly repairs, contact AM Insulation Solutions today.
Owens Corning Pro Pink Attic Insulation
Owens Corning has been at the top of the insulation industry for many years, and they produce some of the most used blown in attic insulation in Drayton. Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation is a fibreglass material, made up of mostly recycled materials. It contains zero indoor air pollutants, allowing you and your family to keep breathing easy in your home.
Because of its fibreglass composition, Owens Corning Pro Pink is resistant to moisture damage, as it dries quickly, reducing the chance of dangerous mold development within your attic space. Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation in Drayton, has a moderate R-value, and is reliable enough to last for years and years. This blown in attic insulation in Drayton, is one of the top choices for AM Insulation Solutions.
Fibreglass Vs Cellulose Vs Spray Foam
- Of all three of the attic insulation materials on this list, fibreglass is the least expensive. It does however hold a moderate R-value, is extremely durable, and continues to be the most popular choice for contractors, and those who install attic insulation in Drayton. Fibreglass can be either blown in, or can be installed using fibreglass batts. Its high moisture resistance means that the likelihood of mold growth is low, and it is capable of lasting for years upon years.
- Cellulose attic insulation in Drayton, is an eco friendly insulation option. This blown in attic insulation in Drayton, is made up of recycled paper and cloth, and then coated with a fire, and bug repellant. Slightly more expensive than the fibreglass option, Cellulose also holds a slightly higher R-value.
- The main issue with this type of blown in insulation in Drayton, is that it does tend to sag and lose its shape over time, resulting in a significantly lower R-value than it began with. Cellulose attic insulation is also not resistant to moisture, which increases the likelihood of unhealthy mold growth within your attic space.
- This type of blown in insulation in Drayton, is the priciest of any attic insulation on this list. It does, however, hold the highest R-value. The benefit of spray foam attic insulation in Drayton, is that unlike the previous two options, this foam has expansion capabilities which allows it to seal air leaks and gaps, with minimal effort. Because of this expansion, this product is often over sprayed, costing the homeowner more money than was necessary.
- Spray foam insulation is also known to cause irritations, and allergic reactions in some people, as it is not free of indoor air pollutants. When applied to moist roof boards, it can cause rapid and unnecessary board deterioration. It is best to explore all of your options before choosing which blown in attic insulation in Drayton is right for you.
For a free, thermal attic inspection and quote, contact the experts on blown in attic insulation in Drayton, AM Insulation Solutions.