In the province of Ontario, we experience some of the most intense winters, and brutal summers anywhere. Add to that the fact that our energy costs are some of the highest as well, and it becomes quite clear as to why household energy conservation is important.
Without proper attic insulation in Creemore, you could be losing upwards of 30% of all energy generated within your home. Sufficient attic insulation in Creemore, is the most cost-effective solution to combat heat and cool air loss available today.
At AM Insulation Solutions, we are committed to providing our customers with the most efficient, and effective attic insulation solutions. As a part of the established AM Group of Companies, we are held to the highest standards for customer service, and quality workmanship for over 60 years. We offer complimentary attic inspections, and employ the use of thermal imaging technology.
This thermal technology, combined with our knowledge and experience, is used to ensure that all areas of heat loss pertaining to your attic space, are discovered quickly. At AM Insulation Solutions, we are proud to be Owens Corning Certified Energy Experts.
Our attic insulation specialists are highly trained in the application of blown in insulation in Creemore, and are certified beyond industry standards. Our goal is to help our customers maintain a comfortable living environment, while reducing the costs of their energy bills. If you have not received a complimentary and thorough attic inspection recently, call us today at AM Insulation Solutions.
R-value is the unit of measurement used to determine the resistance to heat flow of an insulating material such as attic insulation in Creemore. The higher the R-value of the material, the greater its thermal resistance will be.
In the province of Ontario, the recommended standard for attic insulation in Creemore sits at R60, or 22.5inches. By maintaining this depth of blown in insulation in Creemore, you can save hundreds on your heating and cooling costs.
In the winter months heat loss can be a prevalent issue in homes without sufficient attic insulation. The same can be said for the summertime. As the temperature within your attic space increases, this hot humid air will be forced down into your living space.
This issue will cause your HVAC system to work twice as hard to maintain a consistent, and comfortable temperature. You may notice unusual temperature changes throughout your home as well. The best and most cost-effective way to reduce the amount of heat and cool air loss that you experience through the seasons, is to ensure that your attic space is properly insulated, sufficiently ventilated and air sealed.
Without sufficient R-value within your attic space, you could be losing upwards of 30% of all heat and cool air generated within your home. Stop spending your hard-earned money unnecessarily, contact the attic insulation specialists at AM Insulation Solutions today!
Attic Insulation and Your Roofing System
In order to properly maintain your roofing system, you must take your attic insulation into account. Your attic space should contain a sufficient amount of both attic insulation, and ventilation in order to function properly, and provide your roofing system with the protection it needs. In the winter months, as the heat from your home rises, the temperature within your attic space can increase dramatically.
This increase in temperature can cause the snow on your rooftop to melt. This water will then run down to the colder areas on your roof top before refreezing along the edges, and within your eavestrough. This ice build-up is known as ice damming. loose fill
Not only can ice dams cause significant damage to your roofing material and eavestrough system, they can also lead to leaks within your attic space. If these leaks go undetected for long periods of time, the moisture damage can lead to mold development, and can cause issues with your ceiling and walls as well.
The cost to repair this damage can be significant, save yourself the headaches. Prior to the start of any extreme weather season, we recommend having a thorough attic inspection completed by a reputable attic insulation contractor, like AM Insulation Solutions.
Owens Corning Pro Pink Attic Insulation
Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation in Creemore is composed of over 70% recycled materials, making it a very eco friendly insulating material. Owens Corning Pro Pink blown in insulation in Creemore is also non-combustible, making it safe for use in almost any space.
This premium product has been thoroughly tested to ensure that it contains no harmful indoor air pollutants. When installed competently, Owens Corning Pro Pink blown in insulation in Creemore can help to save you up to 28% on your heating and cooling costs.
Fibreglass Vs Cellulose Vs Spray Foam
- Fibreglass insulation is the most cost-effective choice for blown in insulation in Creemore. Fibreglass holds a moderate R-value, and is highly durable. Fibreglass attic insulation in Creemore is not known to contain any harmful indoor air pollutants. This material can be blown in, or can be installed using batting, or ‘blanket insulation’.
- Fibreglass is resistant to moisture damage, and is known to last for many years without any major reduction in R-value. Fibreglass is the most popular type of attic insulation in Ontario.
- Cellulose blown in insulation in Creemore is composed of recycled paper and cloth, making it one of the most eco-friendly attic insulation options available. Although many people may choose this as an eco friendly option for attic insulation in Creemore, there can be issues with this insulating material.
- Cellulose is known to sag over time, which can result in a significantly reduced R-value. Cellulose does not have a high resistance to moisture damage, and is known to clump when wet, which may lead to mold development quite quickly.
- Spray Foam is a form of blown in insulation in Creemore. Spray foam has a high R-value, and can be expensive. This product has exceptional expansion capabilities, and is able to fill most air leaks with minimal effort. Spray foam has been known to cause irritations, and allergic reactions in certain individuals, so thorough research is vital prior to purchase.
- Due to the nature of its application, occasionally it can be over sprayed, causing increased cost to the customer. Be sure to take the time to conduct proper research into every option for blown in insulation in Creemore.
Contact AM Insulation Solutions today for a complimentary attic inspection, and quote.