As far as home improvements go, attic insulation in Aylmer may just be one of the most overlooked, and underestimated of them all. In terms of energy conservation, replacing or topping up your current blown in insulation in Aylmer, is the most cost-effective way to reduce your heating and cooling costs.
Properly installed attic insulation in Aylmer, can also help to improve your homes over all comfort level, and can even protect the health and lifespan of your roofing system. At AM Insulation Solutions, we are committed to providing our customers with premium, and viable solutions to their heat and cool air loss issues. As a division of the established AM Group of Companies, we are held to the highest standards for customer service, satisfaction, and quality workmanship.
AM Insulation Solutions is proud to be an Owens Corning Certified Energy Experts and as such, we employ the use of thermal imaging technology for every complimentary attic inspection that we provide. This thermal technology aids in the detection of unsealed air leaks, and when combined with our knowledge and experience, allows us to rectify the situation quickly and efficiently.
Our attic insulation specialists are thoroughly trained in house, fully insured, and sufficiently certified. Attic insulation in Aylmer is the most cost-effective solution to your energy loss issues. Contact the attic insulation specialists at AM Insulation Solutions, right away!
R-value is the unit of measurement used to determine the resistance to heat flow of an insulating material. The greater the R-value of the material, the better its thermal resistance. The recommended R-value for your attic space, will largely depend on the climate in which you live.
In Ontario, the recommended R-value for blown in insulation in Aylmer currently sits at R60, or 22.5 inches. By maintaining this depth of attic insulation in Aylmer, your home will maintain optimal energy conservation.
While heat loss is definitely a prevalent issue in the wintertime, cool air loss in the summer time is also a serious problem. And though the concept of heat loss is slowly becoming more widely known, cool air loss in the summer is still a foreign concept to many.
During the summer months, heat from the sun can penetrate your roofing material, causing the temperature within your attic space to rise significantly. Without sufficient attic insulation or air sealing, this heated air can seep into your living space, forcing your air conditioning to workover time in an attempt to maintain a cool, comfortable temperature.
This issue will not only cost you an exorbitant amount on your energy bills, it can also severely impact your level of home comfort. No matter the season, there is never a bad time to have your attic space inspected by a reputable attic insulation contractor, like AM Insulation Solutions.
Attic Insulation and Your Roofing System
Insufficient attic insulation in Aylmer can have an incredibly negative impact on the health of your roofing system. Your roof is your home’s last line of defence against inclement weather, so maintaining its integrity is vital to the health and safety of you, and your family. In the wintertime, the heat from your home can seep into our attic space through unsealed air leaks, causing the temperature within to rise dramatically.
If this continues without rectification, the heat from your attic can begin to melt the snow on your rooftop. This melting snow can then run down to the edges of your roofing system, and into your eavestrough before refreezing, causing an issue known as ice damming. Ice dams can prevent future melts from draining properly, and can lead to significant leaks within your attic space.
These ice dams can also severely damage your roofing material and eavestrough system. Save yourself the hassle of expensive, and preventable repairs, contact the experts in blown in insulation in Aylmer, AM Insulation Solutions.
Owens Corning Pro Pink Attic Insulation
Owens Corning Pro Pink attic insulation in Aylmer is eco friendly and highly durable. This product is made from over 70% recycled materials, and has been thoroughly tested to ensure optimal indoor air quality. Owens Corning Pro Pink is non-combustible, making it safe for use in a variety of spaces. This premium product holds a moderate R-value, and is relatively inexpensive.
When applied correctly, Owens Corning Pro Pink can last for many years without any reduction in R-value, or the need for a replacement. Owens Corning Pro Pink blown in insulation in Aylmer is the number one choice for home builders, and attic insulation contractors in Ontario.
Fibreglass Vs Cellulose Vs Spray Foam
- Fibreglass attic insulation in Aylmer is eco friendly, and highly durable. This moisture resistant material is less likely to encourage mold growth, when compared to some of the other options. Fibreglass is the least expensive form of blown in insulation in Aylmer, on this list, and it holds a moderate R-value.
- Fibreglass attic insulation in Aylmer is known to last for many years, without any reduction in R-value. This material, whether blown in or installed using batts, is one of the most popular attic insulation options in Ontario.
- Cellulose is an incredibly eco-friendly type of blown in insulation in Aylmer. This material holds a greater R-value than fibreglass, though the cost is moderately higher. Cellulose is made up of recycled paper and cloth, and is not known to contain any indoor air pollutants.
- The main issue with this type of blown-in insulation in Aylmer, is its inability to hold its shape over time, which can lead to a substantial reduction in R-value. Cellulose is also not very resistant to moisture, and is known to clump when wet. Mold development is a risk with this type of blown in insulation in Aylmer.
- Spray Foam insulation is the costliest of any blown in insulation in Aylmer. This material holds the greatest R-value, when compared to fibreglass, and cellulose. Spray foam has exceptional expansion capabilities, and as such can seal air leaks efficiently, and with relative ease. Spray foam is known to cause irritations, and allergic reactions in some individuals, so be sure to research your attic insulation options carefully.
- This material should never be applied to dampened roof boards, as it can cause rapid deterioration. It is also important to note that spray foam can be difficult to remove, if a replacement is needed.
For a complimentary and thorough attic inspection and quote, contact the attic insulation experts at AM Insulation Solutions today!